I need some help with configuring my rtorrent. I've recently just done a fresh install of it on a vps. The problem I keep having is that for the majority of torrents private and public rtorrent will not pick up as many seeds / peers as utorrent does.
I left 1 asiatorrent on for 15 minutes the max downspeed it got was 80kb/s. I removed the files and then opened the torrent on utorrent 2.21 in wine and waited 5 minutes, within that time it got many more seeds and a stable downspeed of 850kb/s. The example is not the only occurrence and I've tested this on aged torrents with many seeds. This is all happening on the same vps, so I'm leaning towards that the config for rtorrent is not optimized.
Shared 1 Gbps NL connection
1GB Dedi 2GB burst RAM
4 procs (I'm not sure if they are isolated or fairshare but the server is running Xeon X3440 @ 2.54 Ghz as reported from cpuinfo.)
Below is a speedtest from the box.