ok so im thinking of getting another computer and gonna have dell build it to my specifications. Problem is, i dont know a whole lot about them so i dont know what i need as far as equipment. so what i need from yall is to help me with that. Ill tell yall what i mainly use it for and need it for and yall tell me what i need. I want a computer specific to my needs that will hold up as i am hard on them but want one as cheap as poss.
ok here i go
1. I do alot of converting movie files and such.
2. I use my computer to stream to my ps3 using ps3 media server and it trancodes as it goes so its like converting or something in real time. this was great at first but now i guess my prossesser is worn down (only been 2 years) and now it will jitter and stuff when i try to play movies so now i really cant dot it.
3. i do ALOT of dl and uploading. I NEVER turn my computer off, i restart it every once in a while but thats it.
4. when im online i usually have about 8 to 10 tabs up top open at once (mainly trackers and what not)
5. i do alot of transfering stuff like to flash drives and external drives.
6. Not only do i have a bunch of tabs up top running but ill have mirc and my documents open so i multitask alot.
7. i listen to music on it
ok thinks i dont do so i wont need
i dont do alot of gaming on my computer. some but barely.
i dont watch movies on my computer. ill watch videos like post fight presser from ufc on it or something on utube but thats about it.
i dont do any coding or anything like that.
basicly i dont do anything fancy or non torrent related.
so what i need is something that can handle the stress of all the converting and do it fast.
can handle being on all the time
and can handle streaming to my ps3 or xbox without wearing out easily
SO WHAT DO I NEED