Today, we bring to you some long overdue updates and a few new features for the forums. Among these are updates to the user tagging/mentioning, as well as overall site performance. New features include the ability to check if a thread topic has already been made and automatic closure of inactive invite threads. Below are details on each update.
- Typing @OP: in a post will mention the Original Poster / thread starter (must include the colon after @OP for this to work)
Check If Already Posted:
- When starting a new thread, a button is available to check if a topic exists based on the title you want to give your new thread.
We encourage everyone to use this in order to avoid duplicate topics and to further the discussion in existing threads
Automatic Thread Closing:
- Suggestion implemented to close inactive threads in invite sections: Automated Invite thread closure
- Threads in 10%, 33% 55%, Bonus Points and Misc Giveaways sections will now close automatically if there have been no posts for 14 days
- Thread starter can reopen thread but must post in it within 24 hours to avoid it being closed again
As always if anyone has any new suggestions for features they would like to see added, we encourage you to create a thread here